Monday, August 20, 2007

Birthday Cake and Gunpowder

I came back from that thing I go to in Western PA, where I had a fabulous time, and then remembered that I hate my job. So not only was I exhausted, in near-allergic meltdown from the (did I mention it rained the ENTIRE second week) rain-induced mold, and sad about leaving my silk-draped ger for painted plaster walls, but I also had to remember how dissatisfying it is to work here. Fortunately the people I love have been around to cheer me up. The blonde, newly returned from China, threw her usual summer shindig and surrounded me with friends who care. There was a lot of laughter, good food, and general revelry. We had fireworks and they surprised me with a birthday cake which made me very smiley. It was good to be reminded how lucky I am to have such dear friends who worry about me and offer helpful insight and who tell me the things I don’t want to hear, but need to. Bonus: they are all REALLY smart and well-read and interesting and like to drink too much wine with me. S even brought gin with him which I SOOO appreciated! What would I do without all of you? I also know that when I become an official demon-hunter you’ll all be there with me, ready to have me committed for my own safety. That’s ok. I love you anyway. For now… let’s go dancing. I bought some new platform knee-highs that need breaking in, and I miss dancing on a regular basis. AND goth clubs are notorious demon hangouts. Who’s with me?

No comments: