Tuesday, May 29, 2007

No Such Thing as Big Brother... ?

If I were one of those humans who engaged in the creation of conspiracy theory
(which I am not)
I think I would wonder far more than I have about the price of gasoline.

If I tended toward a belief that the government, in the end, has an alternative agenda
(which I don't)
I might be concerned that congress does not seem to be doing anything about its skyrocketing cost.

If I looked for someone to blame for my dwindling bank account and the ever-increasing depth of Exxon McScrooge's money-vault
(which I simply won't do)
I might think that paying so much for gas would be the only way the government could coerce my fellow Americans and I to get rid of our S.U.V.'s

To improve our energy independence.

And fight terrorism.

And help the auto industry by buying another car sooner.

If I owned an S.U.V., I might consider these things.
But I don't.

And the government's on our side.
So I won't.

But it would force our big-car-American-habits to change.
So... I might.

No comments: